About The District
Our Staff & Board
- Marijo CuerrierExecutive DirectorA natural leader, mentor and community builder with an entrepreneurial mindset, Marijo has a passion to empower others to succeed. Believing that excellence in marketing is the foundation of all successful business ventures, Marijo applies her experience in the field to everything she does in the Downtown District. She is a high energy, no-nonsense, ‘get the job done and make it fun while you’re at it’ kind of personality and is passionate about downtown Belleville.Marijo C.
- Kelsey MonizMarketing OfficerKelsey is a marketing professional with over 7 years of diverse work experience in various industries, including IoT, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals and publishing. She joined the Downtown District in June 2019.K. Moniz
- Kathryn BrownChair (Kate's Kitchen)Kathryn is the proud owner of Kate’s Kitchen. Before becoming a local retailer, Kathryn spent 38 years in the financial services industry in North America managing large infrastructure programs. Kathryn currently serves as an appointee on two City of Belleville committees – Planning Advisory Group and the Board of Directors for the Thurlow Community Centre.
- Shawn PatriquinVice Chair (THEY Integrated Inc.)Shawn is the Founder & President of THEY Integrated Inc., a digital branding agency for more than 20 years. Shawn relocated his business to Downtown Belleville 6 years ago because he believes that it's the next 'big-thing' in the emerging rural-tech landscape in Ontario. His passion for the Downtown District runs deep.
- Chad GuziewiczTreasurer (Tirewizard and Rentify)Chad is the owner of Tirewizard and Rentify. He is a serial entrepreneur in the software and high tech industry. Chad has a passion for innovation and is a member of the Quinte Tech Association. His goal is to help bring the tech industry to a rural community like Belleville and increase job perspective.
- Sarah HutchisonSecretary (We Thrive)As a wellness-preneur, typical 'creative', and proud Co-Owner of We Thrive Wellness Centre, Sarah loves to run with "outside-her-comfort-zone" ideas. We Thrive is one of several businesses Sarah has initiated and continues to operate. Some of her super powers include holding space for meaningful connection and personal growth.
- Ryan WilliamsCity Council AppointeeRyan Williams is Vice-President of Williams Hotels, which owns five hotels in Ontario with 4 of them being in Belleville. Ryan is a Councillor for the City of Belleville, elected in October 2018 and the Past-President of Bay of Quinte Tourism and the Bay of Quinte Living Council as well as the Founder of QuinteVation.
- Rebecca BurlingtonFlowers by Dustin Rebecca has owned and operated Flowers By Dustin since 2003. Born and raised just outside of Belleville she loves spending time with her family and friends, all kinds of exercise, gardening and naturally flowers! Her rural upbringing instilled her with an incredible work ethic and she is not shy to get her hands dirty, get sweaty and get to work. She looks
- Maury FlunderProperty OwnerMaury is the owner of the historic Firehall #2 building (Chilango’s building) and has recently acquired 402 Front St. As a CPA Maury has worked in Belleville at Nortel and as a Financial controller in Kingston over the last 25 years. Maury is also the treasurer of the Quinte Arts Council and cares deeply about supporting the arts in our community.
- David GilbertBridgefront TowersAn experienced entrepreneur skilled in negotiation, business planning and development amongst other things, David is the owner of Bridgefront Tower on the four corners of Downtown Belleville. He transforms buildings to become vibrant community icons and employs energy conservation to operate on a cost efficient basis.
- Stacey KerrScalliwag ToysStacey has co-owned Scalliwag Toys since February 2020. Before moving from Whitby to Belleville, she worked with the Royal Ontario Museum and other nonprofits on projects aimed at increasing public knowledge and engagement with science and biodiversity. Stacey is excited to bring her creativity and resourcefulness to the Belleville Downtown District.
- Brandon KullEmpire TheatreGrowing up in Thurlow; Brandon joined the Empire Theatre team in 2005. An alumnus of Sheridan College’s Technical Theatre program, with multi-continental live production experience, is the Theatre’s Technical Director. His years of experience in corporate/live entertainment; Empire Theatre and Empire Rockfest. You can always find him behind the scenes.
- Lorne McDougallMcDougall InsuranceLorne is a gold-medal graduate of Western University's combined degree law and business program, who currently works as a Manager, Account Executive, and as Corporate Counsel to his family’s business - McDougall Insurance & Financial Ltd. Born and raised in Belleville, Lorne cares greatly about his community.
- Emma TravisBe Prepared