About The District
Our Staff & Board
- Marijo CuerrierExecutive DirectorA natural leader, mentor and community builder with an entrepreneurial mindset, Marijo has a passion to empower others to succeed. Believing that excellence in marketing is the foundation of all successful business ventures, Marijo applies her experience in the field to everything she does in the Downtown District. She is a high energy, no-nonsense, ‘get the job done and make it fun while you’re at it’ kind of personality and is passionate about downtown Belleville.Marijo C.
- Kelsey MonizMarketing OfficerKelsey is a marketing professional with over 7 years of diverse work experience in various industries, including IoT, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals and publishing. She joined the Downtown District in June 2019.K. Moniz
- Kathryn BrownChair (Kate's Kitchen)Kathryn is the proud owner of Kate’s Kitchen. Before becoming a local retailer, Kathryn spent 38 years in the financial services industry in North America managing large infrastructure programs. Kathryn currently serves as an appointee on two City of Belleville committees – Planning Advisory Group and the Board of Directors for the Thurlow Community Centre.
- Lorne McDougall Vice Chair (McDougall Insurance)Lorne is a gold-medal graduate of Western University's combined degree law and business program, who currently works as a Manager, Account Executive, and as Corporate Counsel to his family’s business - McDougall Insurance & Financial Ltd. Born and raised in Belleville, Lorne cares greatly about his community.
- Abraham Ramos-SerratosTreasurer (Chillango's)Abraham and his Sister Marlém Power opened Chilangos restaurant in Downtown Belleville in the spring of 2016 serving authentic Mexican cuisine. Abraham's background in the tourism industry and event planning combined with his passion to see Downtown Belleville succeed drew him to the BDIA board.
- Ryan WilliamsCity Council AppointeeRyan Williams is Vice-President of Williams Hotels, which owns five hotels in Ontario with 4 of them being in Belleville. Ryan is a Councillor for the City of Belleville, elected in October 2018 and the Past-President of Bay of Quinte Tourism and the Bay of Quinte Living Council as well as the Founder of QuinteVation.
- Open SeatSecretary
- Dwane BarrattBarratt's Office ProDwane along with his wife Carol own Barratt's Office Pro in Downtown Belleville and Brighton. Dwane is a second-generation downtown business owner since 1961 and has had businesses in Kingston, Trenton, as well as a couple of gift stores at the Belleville Plaza and Downtown Belleville. He is an active volunteer with numerous organizations in the Quinte area.
- Ken HarndenPinnacle MusicKen is a life-time musician. He signed with the legendary Jim Halsey and spent 5 years touring the US. Upon his return to Canada, Ken signed with RCA, releasing several chart-topping songs. He re-located his recording studio and expanded into retail and music education in 1997 with Pinnacle Music Studios in Downtown Belleville.
- Sandy MussonTri & Run SportsSandy is the owner/operator of Tri & Run Sports serving area runners and triathletes for over 17 years. She has worked in the fitness and health sector for more than 24 years and is a Certified Ironman Coach, Personal Trainer, Moxy Coach, and Pedorthist. Tri & Run recently relocated to 188 Front Street because she saw the potential in DT District.
- Shawn PatriquinTHEY Integrated Inc.Shawn is the Founder & President of THEY Integrated Inc., a digital branding agency for more than 20 years. Shawn relocated his business to Downtown Belleville 6 years ago because he believes that it's the next 'big-thing' in the emerging rural-tech landscape in Ontario. His passion for the Downtown District runs deep.
- Melanie PujicCapers RestaurantMelanie Pujic is a Musician and Restauranteur raised in Belleville. Since returning to Belleville in 2013 Melanie has been dedicated to promoting Downtown Belleville as a music destination through her restaurant, Capers in Downtown Belleville. Capers has been in downtown since 1999 and is the go-to spot for live music and a great meal in a cozy atmosphere.
- Tara VanDijkThe Belleville ClubTara is the Manager of The Belleville Club on Pinnacle St. Tara, and her husband Wayne own and operate The Henry Corby House Bed & Breakfast on Bridge St E. Tara’s entrepreneurial spirit has led her down several roads in the hospitality industry where she continues to thrive. Tara has a strong passion for downtown Belleville and desire to see it flourish.