About The District
Our Staff & Board
- Luisa Sorrentino (She/Her)Executive DirectorEnergetic, enthusiastic and authentic! Luisa is naturally inclined to bringing people and organizations together. She shines brightest when promoting, mobilizing, and strengthening the community by being a resource and advocate for positive change. Creating a sense of place is her jam! Her leadership aims higher, and her innovative thinking and creativity engage and inspire.Luisa S.
- Danielle Hanoman (She/Her)Media & Marketing OfficerDanielle is a marketing professional with over 7 years of diverse work experience in various industries. Danielle H.
- Sara Behring (She/Her)Welcoming Streets Program CoordinatorCompassionate, patient and empathetic! Sara brings a friendly smile and a warm approach when supporting community members and visitors. As an advocate for all, Sara aims to build inclusive communities that promote a sense of belongingness and an understanding for one another.Sara B.
- Nik McEwen (He/Them)Welcoming Streets Steward Nik brings authenticity and compassion to his work. He is a proud member of the transgender community and Belleville local. He has worked professionally with vulnerable populations for five years in Kingston and Ottawa. Nik wholeheartedly believes in inclusivity for all, and he is happy to be part of a like minded team back in his hometown of Belleville.Nik M.
- Maury FlunderChairMaury is the owner of the historic Firehall #2 building (formerly Chilango’s Restaurant) and has recently acquired 402 Front St. As a CPA Maury has worked in Belleville at Nortel and as a Financial controller in Kingston over the last 25 years. Maury is also the treasurer of the QAC and cares deeply about supporting the arts in our community.
- Edie HauslauerVice ChairEdie has been Living and Working in the Downtown District for over 10 Years. For her, it has been a true pleasure making friends and doing Business in this Environment. Over the Years as a Property and Business Owner, she has witnessed the Revitalization and growth of Beautiful Belleville and can't wait to be a part of it.
- Lindsay DransfieldSecretaryLindsay is the operations executive at Doki Doki, Belleville’s first shop for fans of Japanese anime and culture. She has a background in design and marketing as well as over a decade’s worth of management experience. In her free time, Lindsay is passionate about animals. She is excited to bring a young perspective and energy.
- Rakesh ParmarTreasurer Rakesh has an MBA in Marketing and 7 years of management experience. He's the proud owner of Export Grill and Linguine's Italian Restaurant. He moved to Belleville from Calgary in 2020 when he took over Linguine's. He loves living in Belleville and is looking forward to contributing to the city and apply what he has learned from his past experience.
- Morgan RebolledoMo|Co General BoutiqueMorgan is the co-owner of MO|CO General Boutique. Their goal was to create a fun baby boutique filled with items for both mama and baby that are a little bit indulgent. Charlotte's first baby was born which gave them the inspiration to bring their ideas to life. They have felt very welcomed by the Downtown community and look forward to continuing to grow.
- Emily BarnettTropical BlendsEmily is the owner of Tropical Blends Cafe. She grew up in the area and brought her passion for tropical travels to beautiful downtown Belleville. In creating Tropical Blends Cafe, she wanted to offer a place for you to catch a moment of calm in a busy world; to enjoy vibrant and healthy food that's easy on your eyes and body.
- Leah HamiltonMode ElleLeah is an entrepreneur and business owner. Leah grew up active in the Belleville community, she spent 6 years in the Netherlands, where she started her first business. In 2022, Leah became co-owner of Mode Elle Model & Talent. Leah looks forward to scaling her involvement and fostering opportunities for downtown to thrive.
- Emma Stevenson-BlytheThe Hunt on FrontAfter spending most of her life in Toronto and moving to Belleville, Emma feels excited and grateful to be a part of the growth underway Downtown. 20+ years in hospitality allowed her to build meaningful connections in her hometown community. She looks to do the same here in the heart of the Downtown, starting with her shop.
- Julie DeanUptown Funk StylingJulie has been the owner/operator of Uptown Funk Styling for Guys N Gals for almost 4 years now. As she has lived in Belleville for 12 years, she is looking forward to the future development of Belleville, and being a part of them. For her, one of the main reasons why she loves running her business in downtown Belleville is the community.
- Melinda HernsTinkered Decor and MoreMelinda is the co-owner of Tinkered Decor and more. She opened an Artisan store because her and her partner love to craft and up-cycle items. Her store offers up-cycled items, gifts, home decor, consignment items from local makers, craft classes & more. Melinda loves to sell unique items created by Artisans you can't find anywhere else.
- Garnet ThompsonCity Council Appointee