About The District
Our Staff & Board
- Luisa SorrentinoExecutive DirectorEnergetic, enthusiastic and authentic! Luisa is naturally inclined to bringing people and organizations together. She shines brightest when promoting, mobilizing, and strengthening the community by being a resource and advocate for positive change. Creating a sense of place is her jam! Her leadership aims higher, and her innovative thinking and creativity engage and inspire.Luisa S.
- Tiffany SpencerMedia & Marketing Officer (Maternity Leave Cover)Tiffany is Belleville born and raised with a passion for all things local and always looking for a way to make a difference in her community. A communicator by trade and community connector by choice, she has over 5 years of experience in communications roles with non-profits.Tiffany S.
- Kelsey MonizMedia & Marketing Officer (Maternity Leave)Kelsey is a marketing professional with over 7 years of diverse work experience in various industries, including IoT, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals and publishing. She joined the Downtown District in June 2019.Kelsey M.
- Kathryn BrownChair (Kate's Kitchen Shop)Kathryn is the owner of Kate’s Kitchen Shop. Before becoming a local retailer, Kathryn spent 38 years in the financial services industry managing large infrastructure programs. Kathryn currently serves as an appointee on three City committees – Planning Advisory Group, Economic Development & Destination and Board for the Thurlow Community Centre.
- Shawn PatriquinVice Chair (THEY Integrated Inc.)Shawn is the Founder & President of THEY Integrated Inc., a digital branding agency for more than 20 years. Shawn relocated his business to Downtown Belleville 6 years ago because he believes that it's the next 'big-thing' in the emerging rural-tech landscape in Ontario. His passion for the Downtown District runs deep.
- Lorne McDougallTreasurer (McDougall Insurance)Lorne is a gold-medal graduate of Western University's combined degree law and business program, who currently works as a Manager, Account Executive, and as Corporate Counsel to his family’s business - McDougall Insurance & Financial Ltd. Born and raised in Belleville, Lorne cares greatly about his community.
- Sarah HutchisonSecretary (We Thrive)As a wellness-preneur, typical 'creative', and proud Co-Owner of We Thrive Wellness Centre, Sarah loves to run with "outside-her-comfort-zone" ideas. We Thrive is one of several businesses Sarah has initiated and continues to operate. Some of her super powers include holding space for meaningful connection and personal growth.
- Tyler AllsoppCity Council AppointeeTyler Allsopp is a local entrepreneur, advocate, and City Councillor representing Ward 1, Belleville. Tyler lives in West Park Village and when not at his business, Doug’s Bicycle, or working on council matters he can be found enjoying time with his wife Jennifer and their three daughters, cycling around the area, and walking his dog Oakley.
- Rebecca BurlingtonFlowers by Dustin Rebecca has owned and operated Flowers By Dustin since 2003. Born and raised just outside of Belleville she loves spending time with her family and friends, all kinds of exercise, gardening and naturally flowers! Her rural upbringing instilled her with an incredible work ethic and she is not shy to get her hands dirty, get sweaty and get to work. She looks
- Maury FlunderProperty OwnerMaury is the owner of the historic Firehall #2 building (Chilango’s building) and has recently acquired 402 Front St. As a CPA Maury has worked in Belleville at Nortel and as a Financial controller in Kingston over the last 25 years. Maury is also the treasurer of the Quinte Arts Council and cares deeply about supporting the arts in our community.
- David GilbertBridgefront TowersAn experienced entrepreneur skilled in negotiation, business planning and development amongst other things, David is the owner of Bridgefront Tower on the four corners of Downtown Belleville. He transforms buildings to become vibrant community icons and employs energy conservation to operate on a cost efficient basis.
- Stacey KerrScalliwag ToysStacey has co-owned Scalliwag Toys since February 2020. Before moving from Whitby to Belleville, she worked with the Royal Ontario Museum and other nonprofits on projects aimed at increasing public knowledge and engagement with science and biodiversity. Stacey is excited to bring her creativity and resourcefulness to the Belleville Downtown District.
- Brandon KullEmpire TheatreGrowing up in Thurlow; Brandon joined the Empire Theatre team in 2005. An alumnus of Sheridan College’s Technical Theatre program, with multi-continental live production experience, is the Theatre’s Technical Director. His years of experience in corporate/live entertainment; Empire Theatre and Empire Rockfest. You can always find him behind the scenes.
- Emma TravisBe PreparedEmma Travis is the owner of Be Prepared, delivering First Aid Training to the Quinte Area for the better part of a decade. Growing up in the area, and working downtown in her parents bookstore she developed a love for downtown Belleville early on and has always seen the potential it holds. She is excited to contribute to the continued growth of the downtown.
- Chad GuziewiczTirewizard and RentifyChad is the owner of Tirewizard and Rentify. He is a serial entrepreneur in the software and high tech industry. Chad has a passion for innovation and is a member of the Quinte Tech Association. His goal is to help bring the tech industry to a rural community like Belleville and increase job perspective.