About The District
Our Staff & Board
- Luisa SorrentinoExecutive DirectorEnergetic, enthusiastic and authentic! Luisa is naturally inclined to bringing people and organizations together. She shines brightest when promoting, mobilizing, and strengthening the community by being a resource and advocate for positive change. Creating a sense of place is her jam! Her leadership aims higher, and her innovative thinking and creativity engage and inspire.Luisa S.
- Caitlin LavoieMedia & Marketing Officer (Maternity Leave Cover)Caitlin is a communications and marketing professional with over ten years experience in various industries, including, healthcare, economic development, print media and the arts. Caitlin is a trained professional photographer and studied at Loyalist College in the Photojournalism program.Caitlin L
- Kelsey MonizMedia & Marketing Officer (Maternity Leave)Kelsey is a marketing professional with over 7 years of diverse work experience in various industries, including IoT, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals and publishing. She joined the Downtown District in June 2019.Kelsey M.
- Sara BehringWelcoming Streets StewardCompassionate, patient and empathetic! Sara brings a friendly smile and a warm approach when supporting community members and visitors. As an advocate for all, Sara aims to build inclusive communities that promote a sense of belongingness and an understanding for one another.Sara B.
- Stacey KerrChair (Scalliwag Toys)Stacey has co-owned Scalliwag Toys since February 2020. Before moving from Whitby to Belleville, she worked with the Royal Ontario Museum and other nonprofits on projects aimed at increasing public knowledge and engagement with science and biodiversity. Stacey is excited to bring her creativity and resourcefulness to the Belleville Downtown District.
- Kaya PereiraVice Chair (Bazaar Artisan Market)Kaya is a Belleville-born entrepreneur and the creator of the Bazaar Artisan Market. I obtained a diploma from Loyalist College for business sales and marketing in 2018. With my combined education and love for helping others, I took my passion and creativity to the non-profits sector working for the United Way and the Canadian Mental Health Association.
- Maury FlunderTreasurer (Property Owner)Maury is the owner of the historic Firehall #2 building (Chilango’s building) and has recently acquired 402 Front St. As a CPA Maury has worked in Belleville at Nortel and as a Financial controller in Kingston over the last 25 years. Maury is also the treasurer of the Quinte Arts Council and cares deeply about supporting the arts in our community.
- Sarah HutchisonSecretary (We Thrive)As a wellness-preneur, typical 'creative', and proud Co-Owner of We Thrive Wellness Centre, Sarah loves to run with "outside-her-comfort-zone" ideas. We Thrive is one of several businesses Sarah has initiated and continues to operate. Some of her super powers include holding space for meaningful connection and personal growth.
- Tyler AllsoppCity Council AppointeeTyler Allsopp is a local entrepreneur, advocate, and City Councillor representing Ward 1, Belleville. Tyler lives in West Park Village and when not at his business, Doug’s Bicycle, or working on council matters he can be found enjoying time with his wife Jennifer and their three daughters, cycling around the area, and walking his dog Oakley.
- Tanya BaldwinHaus + HomTanya is a long time Belleville resident, relocated to her mothers hometown in 1994 after her fathers retirement from the Canadian Armed Forces. She currently owns and operates Haus + Hom - Twentieth Century Design Shop located at 404 Front Street. As a volunteer, she has worked with multiple community groups and organizations advocating for a vibra
- Rebecca BurlingtonFlowers by Dustin Rebecca has owned and operated Flowers By Dustin since 2003. Born and raised just outside of Belleville she loves spending time with her family and friends, all kinds of exercise, gardening and naturally flowers! Her rural upbringing instilled her with an incredible work ethic and she is not shy to get her hands dirty, get sweaty and get to work. She looks
- Jeff CamachoBurger RevolutionJeff and his wife Rayling have been serving up flavour in the form of delicious burgers through Burger Revolution for almost ten years. Starting with their Belleville location on North Front Street, they opened a second location in Trenton near the 401. In 2021, they made the move to bring their Belleville location to the Downtown District where they
- David GilbertBridgefront TowersAn experienced entrepreneur skilled in negotiation, business planning and development amongst other things, David is the owner of Bridgefront Tower on the four corners of Downtown Belleville. He transforms buildings to become vibrant community icons and employs energy conservation to operate on a cost efficient basis.
- Chad GuziewiczTirewizard and RentifyChad is the owner of Tirewizard and Rentify. He is a serial entrepreneur in the software and high tech industry. Chad has a passion for innovation and is a member of the Quinte Tech Association. His goal is to help bring the tech industry to a rural community like Belleville and increase job perspective.
- Emma TravisBe PreparedEmma Travis is the owner of Be Prepared, delivering First Aid Training to the Quinte Area for the better part of a decade. Growing up in the area, and working downtown in her parents bookstore she developed a love for downtown Belleville early on and has always seen the potential it holds. She is excited to contribute to the continued growth of the downtown.