Savour the Chill
Voting is now closed! Thank you to all who participated and made this event a wonderful success!!!
After being cancelled in 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Savour the Chill is back for its 18th year. The soup tasting contest will once again see downtown restaurants compete for the People’s Choice Award voted by soup samplers and the Judges’ Choice Award, voted by our judges.
This years’ Savour the Chill will take place on Saturday, February 26th. The City of Belleville will also be hosting their Winter Family Funfest featuring the Snow Queen & Snowflake Princess, free colouring books & crayons, and, a special treat for kids of all ages! (while supplies last). Sit and stay awhile at one of the fireside tables and don’t forget to check out some Saturday specials at our Downtown District retail shops. The event starts at noon and goes until soup runs out! Bring your own spoon to reduce waste and bundle up because soup’s on no matter the weather! Soup samples are $3 each – please bring cash as many restaurants will be cash only.
Download the map here.
The Downtown District BIA invites event participants to #shareyourslurp on Social Media. Tag @downtownbelleville on instagram with a photo of you enjoying your delicious soup and be entered to win one of three $50 downtown dollars gift cards. Gift Cards can be redeemed like cash at participating Downtown Belleville establishments.
For the most up to date information on Savour the Chill, follow the Belleville Downtown District BIA on Facebook and Instagram.
Have fun, be kind and enjoy and incredible afternoon in Downtown Belleville.
Participating restaurants include: Bourbon Street Pizza, Burger Revolution, Capers, Chilangos, Dinkel’s, Export Grill, Gourmet Diem, Jim’s, The Lark, Quinte Corner, The Smokin 116 Bistro, Toro Sushi and San Souci
The Contest . . .
Downtown Belleville restaurants compete for 2 separate awards.
THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
This award is voted by you! Soup samples cost three dollars each. Try as many as you’d like and vote for your favourite!
JUDGES CHOICE AWARD
This award is chosen by a panel of qualified judges that sample all the soups and rate them based on flavour and texture.
Things to remember:
- BYOS: That’s right, Bring Your Own Spoons! In an effort to reduce unnecessary waste, we encourage you to bring your own spoons to the event. Got a unique spoon? Share it on social and tag @downtownbelleville for a chance to win a $50 Downtown Dollars Gift Card
- Bring and wear your mask, practice social distancing, self screen for COVID-19 and if you feel unwell we kindly ask that you stay home.
- Vote for your favourite soup! On the day of the event, you will be able to vote for your favourite soup and your vote will be included in deciding who takes home the coveted People’s Choice Award.
- We have a panel of qualified judges that will be judging the soups! The winner will win the Judges’ Choice Award.
- Dress for the weather! We don’t know what the weather holds, and we want you to enjoy every last moment of the event!