Job Description | Media & Marketing Officer
The Media and Marketing Officer (MMO) is the leader of a dynamic, forward thinking community made up of downtown Belleville property and business owners, office staff, interns and volunteers. You will work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Executive Committee to develop and execute a comprehensive but pliable strategic plan and marketing strategy, designed to position the downtown core as a tourist destination for both locals and tourists.
You are a community-minded, results oriented individual that will assist in leading the BIA into a season of hyper-growth while empowering and encouraging members, collaborators, residents and visitors to become engaged active members of the community as a whole. The MMO not only understands but also is passionate about the BIA’s mission. You are able to build collaborative partnerships, seek outside-of-the-box solutions and pivot direction when needed.
The MMO would oversee and participate in creating a successful communications strategy for multiple audiences, including but not limited to members, potential members, Board of Directors, key stakeholders, collaborators, media and visitors to the area.
Note: This a temporary position during a Maternity Leave (12 months only)
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Number of Staff: 2
- Members: 200
- Regular hours of operation (Weekdays 8:30am – 5pm)
Job Description – Key Accountabilities:
- Stakeholder and Public Relations and Communications:
- In conjunction with the Board Chair and Executive Director, build and cultivate relationships and synergies with all stakeholders including: BIA members, City of Belleville, members of the federal, provincial and municipal governments including tourism, the OBIAA, other BIA’s, the media, local business leaders, suppliers, the business community and other stakeholders, such as volunteers and partners of BIA.
- Onboarding new members by scheduling ribbon cutting, writing a press release and a feature post or blog
- Foster and maintain positive, engaging relationships within the BIA, its members, volunteers, suppliers, key stakeholders and collaborative partners
- Ongoing communications to members and visitors through frequent digital newsletters, social media and other communication channels
- Engage media influencers (print, digital, video, TV) locally and outside of the Quinte Region to actively promote the downtown core of Belleville as a destination of choice.
- Management and accountability of annual marketing budget
- Use of key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools in order to translate results into actionable insights for board of directors
- Oversee the growth of existing downtown businesses, identifying opportunities to equip, market and promote them
- Lead the design and development of innovative marketing and promotional campaigns with the support of materials, strategies and techniques to encourage participation and the involvement of members, visitors and various stakeholders.
- Provide consistent branding to ensure professional presentation of written documentation, advertising, and other promotional/marketing materials.
- Development and implementation of a communication plan, including a content calendar will be a key part of your success. This includes social media channels, e-blasts, and other means of communication
- Support communications that promote and enhance the image of downtown Belleville to our members, collaborators and visitors.
- Identify appropriate communication tactics to ensure appropriate audiences are engaged.
- Maintaining the brand standards across all communication (print, digital, audio, etc.)
- Develop, implement and maintain paid social media advertising campaigns in various digital media channels including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In and digital display ads
- Event Planning and Coordination:
- Planning and coordination of key events
- Development and design of the overall event campaign including collateral, print, digital, audio, out of home, social media, press releases and more.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage and participate in all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Maintain marketing event budget
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers
- Follow up and assess an event’s overall success
- Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites
- Coordination and oversight of volunteers
Key Skill Set Required
- Advanced organizational and project management skills.
- Solid grasp of both traditional and digital cutting edge marketing and communication strategies.
- Use of Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Comfortable in Google Suite, Mac and PC
- Advanced photography skills
- Excellent content writing skills particularly marketing related, ie. press releases, blog posts, social media, member and internal communication
- Digital campaign set up and management (Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, etc.)
- You are an effective listener and relationship builder
Things to consider
- High level of physical activity
- High level of face-to-face communication
- Ability to interact positively with multiple personality types
- Positive outlook and ability to navigate potentially negative conversations
- Ability to work occasional weekends, evenings and holidays
Deadline for applications: Monday, March 29, 2021, 5 pm Click to apply