Downtown Belleville commercial garbage collection:
- Regular garbage collection is on Tuesday and Fridays
- Businesses can put out 8 bags of garbage on Tuesday and 8 bags on Friday
- Each bag of garbage set out to the curb must not weigh more than 50 lbs
- For loose bags (i.e. not in a container), a bag tag must be affixed to the bag
- If using a container, a bag tag must be affixed to the top bag in the container (i.e. visible to the collector)
- Disposable bags should be tightly sealed and not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Garbage cans or containers should be reusable galvanized metal or plastic, not more than 17 gallons (77 litres) or 75 pounds in weight, with carrying handles and a secure, water tight lid.
- The top item inside the container must display a current bag tag visible to the collector when he removes the lid.
- White goods cannot be included in regular garbage pickup. Arrangements for pickup must be made at City Hall.
- The bag tag should be looped around the neck of the bag and have it meet at the end producing a little “flag”.
- City of Belleville should be displayed on one side and the bag tag number on the other side. Please do not twist the tag around the garbage bag as it appears that the tag has been split in half and the waste collector may refuse collection.
More information on garbage collection can be found here: https://www.belleville.ca/residents/page/garbage-recycling
- Recycling pickup is Friday morning (additional cardboard collection will cease as of September 2019)
- Cardboard boxes should be closed and sealed, not more than 24″x24″x42″ in size and not weigh more than 50 pounds.
More information on commercial recycling can be found here: https://quinterecycling.org/recycling/commercial-recycling/
For the collection and transport of wastes outside of the options above (for instance, organic food waste) within the region and Ontario contact these companies:
- GFL (www.gflenv.com)
- Miller Waste Systems (www.millerwaste.ca)
- Waste Connections Canada (www.wasteconnectionscanada.com)
- Waste Management (www.wmcanada.com)
- Perth Environmental (ww.perthenvironmental.com)
- Sanimax (www.sanimax.com)
- Rothsay (www.rothsay.ca)
- Walker Environmental (www.walkerind.com/walker-environmental-group/)